After I announced that I would be using Forge Remastered, things were going good. I changed the server browser code over to use Forge and everything was going smoothly, the client was connecting to the master server and the registered servers were showing in the browser, I also setup the connect button. After I got to this point I started working on the player spawning system and this is where I started to experience issues with forge.
I can’t really wait around not making any progress so I decided to go back to Smart Fox 2X.
Smart fox is actually perfect for my needs in terms of it’s features, the issues are that the free version has a CCU limit of 100 players and has a pretty hefty license fee. Because of this users wont be able to host their own servers unfortunately. For now I’m going to go down this route so I can get my proof of concept going and maybe lateron I will switch to another networking library once a better solution presents itself.
At least now I can get things going faster.
Not much of an update but I thought I should make a post about why there has been a lack of updates.
Hopefully this week I can start to get more done.
Untill the next time…